GATE 2017 Application Form
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering was conducted by IIT, the main purpose of organizing this exam is to select the aspirants for M.tech and various post-graduation programs. Hence IIT now released GATE Notification 2017. Interested candidates fill out the Gate Application Form 2017 by ensuring the Eligibility Criteria which is well described on this web page.
As we said earlier this examination is for Graduate students therefore candidates who are wishing to do M.E, M.Tech, and Direct PhD can fill the GATE Application Form 2017 & grab the golden opportunity to get admission in Indian Institutes of Technology. Lots of candidates from all over India take part in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. But there is a limited number of seat available for M.E, M.Tech, and Direct PhD programs.
Latest Announcement: The application process for Gate will start from 1st September 2016 and the last date to apply online for this Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering will be 4th October 2016. The written examination is expected to be held in February 2017.
GATE Notification 2017
|Department Conducting Examination||Indian Institutes of Technology, Kanpur|
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test|
|Exam Type||All India Level|
|Number of Attempts||No restriction|
|Age limit||No restriction|
|Last Date to Apply Online||4th October 2016
Complete Details for GATE 2017
Changes in GATE 2017
- Validity of GATE Scores has now been increased from 2 years to 3 years.
- All of the applications would have to be made online on GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website. Hard copy of submissions is not required.
- Payments for GATE 2017 Examination Fees are to be made through SBI I-collect, Axis Bank I-Connect, e-challan facilities or debit cards/credit cards/net banking.
Every candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria before proceeding to fill the application form.
- Aspirants must have a degree of engineering or technology (B.E. or B.Tech) from any stream in either or before.
- As per GATE 2017 Eligibility, final year candidates can apply as well for the exam.
- Those who have passed must provide provisional degree/degree/course completion certificate at the time of document verification.
- If the aspirant is in the final year of degree (i.e. to be passed in 2016), he/she must produce a certificate of authenticity from the director/principal of the college.
There is no Age bar in this test.
- For Other Candidates (General/OBC) – Rs.1500
- For SC/ST/PwD Category Candidates – Rs.750
- Online Net Banking
- SBI I-Collect
- Axis Bank I-Connect
- The Exam would last 180 minutes.
- Total number of questions in the exam is 65.
- Total marks in the exam are 100.
- Multiple choice and numerical questions would be asked in the exam.
- Candidate has to mark correct answer using the mouse.
- As per GATE Paper Pattern, total marks for general aptitude – 15
- Total questions for general aptitude exam – 10.
- Each question would weigh 1 or 2 marks.
- For 1 mark question, 1/3 marks shall be cut for incorrect answers.
- For 2 marks question, 2/3 marks will be cut for the incorrect answer.
- No negative marking for numerical questions.
|Sr. No.||Topics To Be Covered||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The Collection of the students is totally on the basis of scores in GATE 2017. Candidate’s admission would be contrasted with the cutoff, as decided by the board itself. Selected candidates would be thereafter given options to apply for desirable colleges and courses in the counseling and allotment round.
Check: GATE Admit Card
How to Apply for GATE Application Form 2017:
- First thing all the applicants have to do is visit the official website which is gate.iitk.ac.in to begin the applying procedure.
- Click the appropriate link and enter the details – personal, educational and communicational.
- Enter GOAPS ID and password.
- Choose exam centers.
- Upload scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed resolution and format (specifications given below).
- Review the form and make the payment via available modes.
- At last, take the print copy of this form for further usage
Dates to Be Remember:
|Starting Of Online Registration||1st September 2016|
|Ending Date For Online Registration||4th October 2016|
|Closing Date For Request For Change In The Choice Of Exam City||16th November 2016|
|Admit Card Available On||5th January 2016|
GATE 2017 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
(On Saturdays and Sundays only)
February 4-5, & February 11-12, 2017
(Saturdays & Sundays Only)
|Results Declaration||March 27, 2017 (Monday)|
Important Links to be Visit:
GATE 2017 Poster
In order to grab More Detail Please Visit the Official Website